Saturday, July 4, 2009

Intro:

My name is Lou Shields and I am a Chicago based artist. This is my art blog! I have two others; EXPskate! and EXPramp!

I have been working in the area for years, I teach art at Community College in the South Suburbs of Chicago. I first was hired there full time in the spring of 2004 and then went through the tenure process. In that time, my art died a little. I underwent several stylistic changes and found many ways of dealing with the pressures of teaching.

I opened a gallery for 2 years known as EXPgallery. This was not an attempt to make money, it was more of an exhibition space for artists that I knew. It was a great experience once I figured that part out. I made many friends and was able to house great art. That project is over now and I have been working in my studio for a little over a year. The idea was to concentrate more on my art for a while.

So here it is...

No comments:

Post a Comment